Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

My family is loud.

Ridiculously so.

My sleep is deprived, my work is unwritten, and my nerves are frazzled. Piano banging (for it can't be called music) is crashing against my ears amidst the off-tune singing of a two-year-old. My brother blaring his guitar amp. My sister exclaiming in glee at the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade. My mom baking her Sweet Potato Casserole.

But even though I have been highly unproductive, my work is way behind, and I'm not going to sleep for the next two nights, there is no where else I'd rather be than here. Even though I get annoyed with my family sometimes, this is where I belong. This is where I am loved and understood.

I love my family and I'm thankful for them every day.

2 comments:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

My two oldest daughters moved out this past summer. The house went from raucous to quiet almost overnight. I miss it sometimes.

Happy Thanksgiving, Kat!

Kat said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Thanks for your encouragement with this blog, I can't tell you how much that means to me.