Saturday, January 22, 2011

Resolved

I hereby resolve that this year I will get involved more and have more fun and quit being a stick in the mud. I get so bogged down by what I have to do, what I should do, and what other people expect me to do, that I completely forget to just have fun. And, according to my friends, I'm way too young for that to be happening.

I realize that if I manage to pull off graduating in May (a grand feat of extraordinary proportions considering I'm behind), I'll get a nice healthy dose of reality when I go after my first "real job." Apparently all those summers working at the lake don't count as a "real job," whatever that is. Anyway, when I do secure this job and start the beginnings of what I hope is a nice happy career, I'm probably going to have to give up a lot of the fun college things that I get to do as a student. Things like late night ice-skating, free movies and popcorn in the basketball stadium, etc etc.

I'm going to miss being a student. So as of right now, I'm going to make the most of the time I've got left to just enjoy life.

P.S. My roommate has stopped running off for days and days at a time. So, for now, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

No comments: