Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tis the Season

Since I've been home, I've been focusing on my family and catching up on my sleep. College drains you so much. I'm beginning a time of healing from this past semester, and though my heart and soul still feel like a barren wasteland, I can feel the edges of my bitterness fraying in light of the Christmas spirit. Healing is coming. And I'm definitely ready for it.

My wish for you this Christmas is that you too will find healing for whatever ails you. Whatever life has handed you that has dragged you down, or whatever sorrow tears your heart apart, I hope that this Christmas you will find some comfort in this season of pure happiness.

As I get older, I'm realizing more and more that it's the childlike innocence of my younger family members that heals my battered heart more than anything else in the world. Just seeing the precious smiles on their faces is enough to light a smile on my face as well. My advice this year: Let the wondrous magic of Christmas touch your heart this year.

This is the closest we'll ever come to a real fairy tale, and I intend to enjoy it to the fullest.

I hope your Christmas is merry, and that you will be filled with the joy of the season regardless of whatever troubles in your way.

1 comment:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Children are what make the season. Glad you are finding the healing you need in the wonder they take in this season.

Despite appearances over at my site, the holidays have good here. Quiet and relaxing, which is healing in and of itself.

Merry Christmas, Kat!