Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Growing a Spine

I'm told that I care too much on a regular basis by a good friend of mine. He's right. I do.

So this is me, deciding to care a bit less what other people think. I'm always worried that someone will misunderstand me, or get something out of what I write or say that wasn't my intention. But no more. From now on, I will write whatever I want (I've sort of been doing that one already), and if anyone has a problem, then they can post a comment or come talk to me about it.

If they choose not to say anything, then they should also choose to forfeit their complaints about what I've written. "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

On this blog, I will never write about specific people or specific events. I write about issues in my life in a general sense. I do this to protect the people I have come in contact with. I have tried to protect them to the point where I have been unable to write anything. I care too much.

Because this is an online medium, I care about protecting the people in my life--even those I dislike. But I will not let my inspiration be crippled by my over-caring nature. So I choose to write what I feel while protecting the innocent (and not-so innocent). And I won't feel guilty about that, either.

No comments: