Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Good Work Ethic

Random fact: I just vacuumed out over thirty stink bugs, fifteen or so flies, and one ridiculously huge, hairy spider out of the attic bedroom I'm staying in. Uggggggggh.

Anyway, today was the fall festival, and it was amazing! The festival featured some local bluegrass talent with lots of shows on their two stages. (There was also a quartet that sang under an oak tree.) Some mimes showed up, and I was amazed that a mime group could perform. I imagined the lot of them trapped in soundless boxes on stage. They did some interpretations of songs (that featured a little sign language), and some skit-type dramas to music. Regardless of how impressed I was with them, they still freaked me out. Mimes are in the same category as clowns for me-fun to watch, but they need to stay the heck out of my bubble.

I worked games at the festival, so I didn't have much time to goof off and have fun. I worked the Bean Bag Toss, the Egg Ball Maze, and Chicken in the Pot. Fun names, mostly aggravating games. I was a good sport, though, for the kids' sake. After all, it is fun for them. The festival featured an auction, and was closed out with a group of cloggers. The cloggers were actually from the area, and their practice room is located on the premises. It was so much fun to watch the big head lady get up there and clog with the rest of them!

After the festival was over, we went to work tearing down everything we had put up this morning before the festival started. There are piles of pumpkins and mums everywhere. We finished everything on the agenda for the day, then preceded to veg out and eat pizza to our heart's content. Mmm, Dominos. There was a bonfire in the fire pit, complete with marshmallows, and then we all got ready for bed. (This is when I vacuumed up the bugs.)

The best part of the day for me was probably discovering that the tire swings could indeed hold my weight without breaking. There were a bunch of cracks in the hooks holding it up, and I was worried. But it was, without a doubt, the best part of the day. What can I say? I'm pretty easy to please.

Tomorrow we're sleeping in, then heading back to the 'burg, where I'll head back into the college routine. I'm really excited, because I get to see my Victoria soon! Maybe the day after tomorrow! I can't wait to see you, love!

As for me, it's been a great few days, and I'm exhausted. Sleeping in sounds wonderful. Wake me when the pancakes are done, okay?

No comments: