Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A "say what?!" moment.

Have you ever known someone, but not really?

Well, a few months back, I met this guy who seemed pretty cool. Until he practically ignored me after I met him. Now, I don't really appreciate that, and I don't know why he did it, but he hasn't acknowledged my existence in about five months. I tried saying "hi" to him at first, but when it became clear that wasn't working, I ceased trying and started pretending that he was just some other guy at the college.

Today, I was hanging out with my roommate, Stacy (who is awesome), at lunch. We went up to put our dishes away, and that guy was walking up with a group of his friends to put his stuff away as well. I think that I'll be ignored again, so I immediately start making a show of looking at the light fixtures. To my surprise, not only has he known who I am THIS WHOLE TIME, but he knows my name, and he asked how I was doing. Said he hadn't seen me in forever.

Riiiiiiiight.

I've come to two conclusions. Either he's blind as a bat, or he's trying to smooth things over by trying to pretend like all those instances never happened.

Naturally, I was shocked by his (possibly feigned) interest. I stuttered out some feeble reply, and then my roommate and I went on our way.

I should probably mention that he knows my roommate (fairly well, I think), and spoke to her first. Perhaps he only mentioned me as an afterthought so he wouldn't seem rude.

You're probably wondering what this has to do with anything. Well, it really has nothing to do with anything. I just thought it was a rather interesting experience. I also was kind of crushing on him when I first met him, so it's rather important to me. I'm not interested now, but (and you gals know it's true) because I liked him at one time, I remember his face, name, interests, and even some of his corny jokes.

Anyway, I just felt like writing that down. Hey, at least I'm not being all depressing this time!

Until next time, guys!


No comments: